Terms & Conditions
1. General Provisions
- Notifications, etc., regarding SERVICES to customers from COMPANY shall be sent electronically to the email address entered under the latest registration information for Specialties Express members or entered by customers upon purchase; posted on websites pertaining to SERVICES; or provided via other methods deemed appropriate by COMPANY.
- When notifications are provided electronically by COMPANY and COMPANY sends an email to the email address specified in the preceding Section, the customer agrees in advance that the notification shall be considered as having been delivered either when the email became viewable by the customer, or 24 hours after the email was sent by COMPANY, whichever is the earlier of the two.
- COMPANY may contact customers via phone, email, or other methods for the purpose of conducting feedback surveys regarding SERVICES; investigating the status, etc., of transactions; or interviewing the customer, etc.
- COMPANY may, in compliance with laws and regulations, contact customers via phone, email, post, or other methods for the purpose of notifying customers of campaigns regarding SERVICES, advertising and marketing, and other related tasks.
- Customers who have yet to attain to the age of majority shall use SERVICES only after receiving consent from a parent or guardian.
- The preceding Clause notwithstanding, if a customer under the age of majority is discovered to be using SERVICES without the consent of a parent or guardian, COMPANY shall be entitled to take any of the responses set forth below, either in whole or in part, without notifying the customer in advance.
- Suspend the performance of transactions, such as shipping of products
- COMPANY may place age restrictions on the range of products available for purchase, available SERVICES, and Supplementary Services. If COMPANY discovers that a customer has purchased any product or used any SERVICES or Supplementary Services accompanied by age restrictions despite not having attained to the age specified by COMPANY, COMPANY shall be entitled to take any of the responses set forth in the preceding Section, either in whole or in part.
- Customers shall be prohibited from engaging in any behavior set forth below when using SERVICES:
- Violating any laws or regulations; court rulings, decisions, or orders; or legally-binding motions by the government,
- Damaging the public order or breaking standards of decency,
- Contributing to the benefit of any antisocial forces (gangs, etc.) or otherwise collaborating with such groups,
- Transferring earnings made through criminal activities and aiding, abetting, or otherwise contributing thereto,
- Posing as a third party or intentionally sending false information,
- Filing a request to purchase any product without the intent to purchase the product,
- Refusing to accept a product without justifiable grounds,
- Returning, etc., products without justifiable grounds,
- Engaging in self-dealing, inside trading among interested parties, or engaging in fictitious transactions,
- Obtaining points through unauthorized means or using points for illicit purposes,
- Inconveniencing or infringing upon the rights of COMPANY, COMPANY’s group companies, other customers, or any third parties,
- Engaging in unauthorized access or abetting such access,
- Provoking any malfunction or disruption of SERVICES,
- Causing SERVICES to function in a way that uses generally unintended bugs, or using, creating, or distributing any external tool(s) that cause generally unintended effects,
- Placing excess load on any servers, computers, etc., of COMPANY, COMPANY’s group companies, or other customers.
- Sending or circulating any malicious program including computer viruses to COMPANY, COMPANY’s group companies, other customers, or any third party,
- Interfering with the operation of SERVICES,
- Using SERVICES with illicit intent,
- Violating the Specialties Express Members Terms and Conditions or any other terms and conditions, guidelines, or other policies set forth by COMPANY, or
- Engaging in any activity otherwise deemed inappropriate by COMPANY
In the event that a customer violates any of the provisions set forth in the preceding Section or fails to service any debts or COMPANY, COMPANY shall be entitled to take any of the following actions, either in whole or in part, without providing prior notice to the customer:
- Suspend the servicing of transactions including the shipment, etc., of products
- Demand payment from the customer via a different payment method than the method selected by the customer at the time of order, or
- Revoke points, coupons, or other benefits from the customer and order the return of undo gains
- COMPANY bears no responsibility for any damages incurred by the customer due to taking any action set forth in the preceding Section.
- If COMPANY incurs any damages or loss as the result of a customer violating Section 1, the customer shall return to COMPANY all benefits attained as the result of violating the provisions of Section 1 and must compensate immediately for any damages incurred.
COMPANY shall properly handle all personal information obtained through the use of SERVICES by customers pursuant to COMPANY’s Personal Information Protection Policy (http://www.specialtiesexpress.com).9. Non-Assignment
Customers shall not transfer or rent any rights or obligations pertaining to the use of SERVICES to any third party.10. Indemnities
- COMPANY bears no responsibility for any damages incurred by customers if SERVICES are suspended, either in whole or in part, due to: natural disasters; war; terrorist attacks; riots; establishment, revision, or repeal of laws, regulations, or rules; interference or order(s) by a government agency; infectious disease epidemics; power outages; disruption, delay, termination, loss of data, or unauthorized access of data due to system maintenance, dysfunction, or otherwise, of communication lines, computers, etc.; accidents by transportation agencies or organizations; labor disputes; or force majeure events, etc., such as equipment accidents.
- COMPANY’s responsibilities herein shall be limited to the operation of SERVICES with reasonable effort, and COMPANY shall bear no responsibility and makes no guarantees of the accuracy, recency, utility, reliability, legality, or conformity with particular purposes of SERVICES, nor does COMPANY bear any responsibility or make any guarantees that no third party rights have been infringed.
- COMPANY makes no guarantees that emails and content sent from COMPANY’s web pages, servers, domains, etc., do not contain malicious content such as computer viruses.
- COMPANY may provide information to customers; however, COMPANY shall bear no responsibility for actions that utilize such information.
- Upon using SERVICES, customers must prepare and maintain at their own expense a client-side operating environment including the network, computer, software, etc., used by the customer. COMPANY shall bear no responsibility for any damages, etc., incurred due to the customer’s operating environment, etc., or due to the maintenance, etc., thereof.
- If COMPANY bears responsibility to a customer in association with the use of SERVICES by the customer, COMPANY shall compensate only normal and direct damages actually incurred by the customer, unless COMPANY caused such damages as the result of willful intent or gross negligence. With respect to damages incurred as the result of special circumstances (including situations in which damages were anticipated or could have been anticipated), COMPANY shall bear no responsibility.
COMPANY shall be entitled to suspend or terminate the provision of SERVICES or Supplementary Services thereto to any particular customer or all customers at any time without prior notice. COMPANY shall bear no responsibility for any damages or loss incurred by the customer as the result of the suspension or termination of SERVICES.12. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Specialties Express Transaction Agreement1. General Provisions
- Among SERVICES set forth herein, this Special Agreement sets forth the terms and conditions that shall apply when customers engage in transactions including, but not limited to, the purchase of products on the sales service “Specialties Express.”
- COMPANY will provide notifications, details regarding how to use the service, and other information regarding Specialties Express from time to time. Customers should use the Specialties Express service pursuant to the provided information, etc.
- Customers may file requests to purchase products from COMPANY pursuant to procedures set forth thereby. Company may also change the specifications, etc., of the filing procedures at a time of its choosing for the purpose of improving expediency for customers.
- When a customer completes the filing process, a sales agreement between the customer and COMPANY has not been established for the product pertaining to the filed request. The sales agreement for the product pertaining to the filed request shall be established once the shipment thereof has been finalized.
- COMPANY may reject filed requests after the customer completes the filing process.
- After completing the filing process, COMPANY may change transactional terms and conditions including the price of the product, shipping or delivery methods, and payment methods. If critical elements of the transactional terms and conditions are changed, COMPANY shall provide notice of the details thereof. If the purchase price to the customer increases, COMPANY shall confirm whether the customer is willing to conduct the transaction provided the terms and conditions following the price increase. COMPANY shall revoke any filed requests if it is unable to verify the customer’s willingness to conduct the transaction within the deadline provided in a notice by COMPANY. Accordingly, customers should be sure to check the content of notifications from COMPANY.
Customers shall complete payment for the price of the product, etc., via the payment method selected when placing the order by the COMPANY’s specified deadline. If the customer fails to make payment by the given deadline, the sales agreement established subject to the request shall be rescinded automatically.4. Items Delivery
Items may be subject to Customs inspection and duty in most destinations. The time required for customs clearance is not counted in the estimated delivery time.
We ship the items via third-party carriers. The estimated delivery time for each shipping method is provided by third-party carriers. You must consider which carrier and shipping method is right for you. We cannot be held responsible for any postage delays incurred by third-party carriers. You can contact third-party to claim the compensation if there is any delay incurred by third-party carrier.5. Cancellation, Returns, etc.
You need to cancel the order within 1 day of your receiving an order confirmation email. We accept return or replacement of defective or damaged Items only if they have initial failure. We do not accept returns or replacements for any other reasons. You need to complete the return or replacement process within 30 days of your receiving an item. If you return the item after the said 30 days, we don’t accept a request for replacement.6. Inquiries
Customers should contact COMPANY pursuant to procedures set forth separately thereby for questions regarding transactional terms and conditions, details of featured products and services, information regarding such products and services, and other information regarding the use of Specialties Express including how to use the service and how to earn points.